SAVE THE DATE
2017 ANNUAL REPORT: PROTECTING THE CHILD FROM ALL FORMS OF ABUSE
Amendment to COA Circular No. 2013-003, dated January 30, 2013, re: Reiteration of Audit Disallowance of Payments Without Legal Basis of Allowances, Incentives, and Other Benefits of Government Officials and Employees in the NGAs, LGUs, and GOCCs and their Subsidiaries
Rates of Magna Carta Benefits for Public Health Workers (PHWs) stated in COA Circular No. 2013-003, with item 5.0, Rules
2017 APSB Merchandise
Department of Education Order No. 40: Child Protection Policy
No upcoming events scheduled...
REGISTRATION IS NOW CLOSED
TRAUMA-INFORMED PHILIPPINE PSYCHOTHERAPY (TIPP)
Training Leading to a Certificate Course
Paglalakbay Patungong Paghilom
“Journey towards Healing”
Over 20 years of research in the United States and other countries have shown the effectiveness of cognitive behavioral techniques in managing the effects of trauma. In line with this, the TIPP course was developed by faculty members from Azusa Pacific University and more than 50 Filipino mental health professionals to address the gap in the mental health needs of children in the Philippines.
The course includes topics on trauma and its effects, coping strategies, processing of the trauma experience and future needs in terms of safety and recovery.
The training of TIPP practitioners requires clinical supervision and consultation with a trained mental health provider after the sessions held during the AKO PARA SA BATA Conference. Trauma treatment is a complex and challenging, though rewarding, undertaking and should only be done with proper training and support.
After completing the TIPP course, participants will be able to:
- Describe Trauma-Informed Philippine Psychotherapy and its development
- Discuss the major components of Trauma-Informed Philippine Psychotherapy
- Demonstrate the application of Trauma-Informed Philippine Psychotherapy using vignettes and cases
- Increase the awareness of the importance of Philippine culture and values in conducting Trauma-Informed Philippine Psychotherapy
The participant should possess one of the following qualifications:
– A social worker for 5 years who will practice Trauma-Informed Philippine Psychotherapy
– Doing counselling and therapy for 2 years
– A psychiatric nurse
– A nurse working in mental health institutions, NGO or community.
Date, Time and Venue:
November 29-30, 2016 // 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM // Orchid Garden Hotel, Pablo Ocampo St., Malate, Manila (DOWNLOAD MAP AND DIRECTION)
- Kathy Putnam
- Dr. Norieta C. Balderrama, FPPA, FPSCAP
Eight Thousand Pesos (Php 8,000.00) per delegate. Fee includes the entrance to the AKO PARA SA BATA Conference on December 1-2, 2016. Note that the fee does not include the mentoring sessions necessary to be a certified practitioner of TIPP. At least four mentoring sessions after the training held during the AKO PARA SA BATA Conference is required. Rate for the mentoring is Php 6,000.00 for 6 persons per mentoring session.